Early Learning Center
Family engagement is a key component at the ELC
We believe that providing a quality early education program for children also means that supporting and communicating with our families.
By forging a strong relationship–together–we can provide an environment of consistent, continuous and coherent care for our young students. We do this by celebrating our families and sharing children’s experiences at the ELC.
- Families are welcome to visit the ELC (Are there any limitations??)
- Observation rooms
- Events – Art Show, Culture Night, Read Across America, what else?
- Communication channels – We send a digital newsletter twice a month during the academic year and once a month during the summer. See our archived newsletters. You can also expect WHAT?? Emails from Teachers, TV message board in the ELC lobby.
Click here for more on our Family Engagement Commonly Held Agreements.
Forms and Important Links for Families
We offer four options for tuition payments:
- Online by electronic check
- Cash (at the front desk)
- Check – Please make checks payable to the Early Learning Center with your child’s name written in the memo section of the check (at the front desk)
- UD faculty and staff can pay through payroll deduction
The directors of the three UD Children’s Campus programs work with the UD Office of Public Safety to determine appropriate actions during inclement weather. If a late opening or closing is determined to be necessary, message will be sent to all families via the Remind 101 system (please ensure that the front desk has an accurate e-mail address for your family). A notice will also be posted on our website and the ELC phone line (302-831-6205) voicemail message will provide current information about delayed openings and closings.