The ELC supports children and their families by providing a high quality, nationally accredited program of early care and education. Our programs are designed to foster a child’s natural curiosity towards learning. The curricula, developed and implemented by highly-qualified educators is designed to maximize the cognitive, social-emotional and physical development of every child.
The ELC has two locations:
- The Newark center welcomes children ages 6 weeks to 5 years, as well as before and after care for school age children.
- The Wilmington location is available to children 6 week to 3 years who are enrolled in the New Directions Early Head Start program.
The Early Learning Center is designed to:
- Provide the best services possible to children and families through full-day early care & education, as well as family services and support programs;
- To conduct research in prevention, intervention and education; and
- To provide training for students, faculty and community professionals.
While providing child care and family support services, at the same time the ELC will be conducting research, piloting programs and training professionals in a wide variety of fields. We do this in order to develop even better services for children and families.