Early Learning Center Newark
Inside the ELC
The ELC Newark building is unlike any other childcare facility in the area. Each of our 21 classrooms are equipped with observation booths, cameras, and microphones for UD students, researchers, and parents to use during the day. These booths allow for minimal distraction in the classroom while still giving parents the opportunity to see their child’s day first-hand.
The building boasts other features for children and families including:
- An art room for fine arts instruction
- A private room for breastfeeding mothers in the infant wing
- A fully equipped kitchen where daily breakfast, lunch and snack are prepared by our nutrition assistants
- A gymnasium for physical education
- Several meeting rooms for families, researchers, and therapists.
Our 1.7 acres of outdoor space consists of three separate playground areas for different age groups each with its own age-appropriate equipment and toys.
Learn more about our: