Messy Art Day – July 18, 2017
Date: July 18, 2017
Rain Date: July 20, 2017
Time: 9:30am – 11:00am
Messy Art Day provides an opportunity for children to paint using non-conventional materials to create open-ended art in a wide open space. The event takes place on the ELC playground where children can get as messy as they want!
The event is scheduled for July 18th with a rain date of July 20th. Both of these dates are scheduled Sprinkler Days and children are encouraged to wear old swimsuits and shoes due to the possibility of staining. The event will begin at 9:30 and last until 11:00.
PS and PreK teachers have planned several great activities this year, some popular repeats from last year and some new and exciting. Families are invited to attend if they wish and volunteers are welcome and encouraged.
- Big “marble” painting – done in the wading pool – repeat activity
- Paint Splats – putting koosh balls in paint and then dropping them onto paper – new activity
- Spray Bottle painting – hang paper on the fence and spray with spray bottles filled with paint – repeat activity
- Fly swatter painting – fly swatters and paint on paper – repeat activity
- Slip and slide painting – Similar activity to one we did last year, but with a new twist.
- Funnel painting – teacher will pour paint into funnel, while child holds finger over hole. Child then moves funnel over paper as paint runs out – new activity
- Painting with trucks – we will use trucks from the sand box and children can drive the trucks through paint and over the paper – new activity
- Body painting – children use tempera cakes to paint their own or, with permission, a friends body – new activity.
- Soap bubble painting – children will create a tub of bubbles using egg beaters or whisks, add food coloring or liquid water colors and then lightly press paper onto the bubbles – new activity.