Home and Parent Visit Policy for Centers
Commitment to Your Family Advocate
The goal of New Directions Early Head Start (NDEHS) is to provide high quality services by linking the child’s experience at the center with the parent’s role as the child’s first teacher.
It is a requirement of enrollment at the Wilmington ELC that all families participate in home visits and parent visits with the NDEHS Family Advocate. These visits can occur in the center or in the home. At least four visits a year should occur in the home.
- It is important that you schedule and keep your monthly home visits with NDEHS staff.
- When you need to cancel a visit, you must call and inform the Family Advocate as much in advance as possible.
- When canceling a visit, you need to be prepared at that time to reschedule the home visit.
- If you cancel two visits in a row or fail to attend two scheduled home visits in a row, you will be given written notice that program requirements are not being met and your enrollment in the program (child care center) may be in jeopardy.
- You will be asked to meet with the Family Advocate to determine a plan for maintaining the monthly home visit requirements if the attendance policy is not being met.
**Parents will also be asked to participate in two home visits with their teacher from the center as well as two parent/teacher conferences with their teacher. These may or may not take place together with your Family Advocate.